The summer travel season has officially arrived, and mine kicked off with plenty of color! I just returned from beautiful Bermuda where I snuck in the perfect amount of fun while sourcing hotels, experiences, restaurants, and more on behalf of my clients traveling there this year and in 2020. My whirlwind trip solidified why everyone, including you, should visit this stunning island!
Bermuda is as elegant as it is laidback, and it feels as though it’s a world away. However, it’s reachable by a quick non-stop flight from Atlanta and even easier from the NYC airports and JFK for my clients in the Northeast. That’s just enough time to get lost in a great book while you prep for even more immersive opportunities, including culture, history, relaxation, and exquisite cuisine on the island. Plus, I love knowing Bermuda is Zika-free, which makes the island a wonderful spot for honeymoons, babymoons, and family adventures!
Now that I have you thinking about visiting Bermuda soon, I want to make sure to share just a handful of the incredible hotels and resorts I visited during my trip to help inspire the one that I can design for you. Most are offering VERY valuable promotions right now and I will add exclusive complimentary perks and amenities to your stay!
·Rosewood: With views of pink sand beaches and access to world class golf nearby at Tuckers Point Club, the Rosewood is one of Bermuda’s most sophisticated and luxurious resorts. The relaxed British flair and legendary service make for a very traditional Bermuda feel and I was blown away by their private beach club and hillside views!
· The Fairmont Southampton: One of Bermuda’s most quintessential resorts, The Fairmount Southampton is absolutely perfect for families! With its own private beach on world-renowned Horseshoe Bay, the Turtle Hill Golf Club in its backyard, an unbelievable spa, and 10 restaurants onsite, you will never run out of things to see and do. You must dine at their very historic Waterlot Inn Restaurant and save room for the sticky toffee pudding- the BEST I have ever had!
· The Loren: Before welcoming their new baby, The Bachelor’s Arie Luyendyk Jr and his wife, Lauren, spent their babymoon at The Loren. The resort seamlessly combines modern style with touches of luxury and has a very relaxing vibe. They offer incredible villas for families or groups of friends, too!
· Cambridge Beaches: A winner of countless awards and a favorite haunt of A-List celebrities, guests come back year after year over multiple generations for the hospitality and tradition! Cambridge Beaches pioneered cottage accommodations, and outside of your cottage, you will also want to experience the Ocean Spa and infinity and roman style pools, which are just a few of the features at this legendary western Bermuda resort.
· Hamilton Princess & Beach Club: the “Grand Dame” of Bermuda resorts, Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, also known far and wide as the “Pink Palace”, was the official hotel for the 35th Americas Cup! Bermuda’s only luxury urban resort, the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club offers a stunning infinity edge pool with uninterrupted views of Hamilton Harbour, a private beach club, an Exhale spa and gym, and an array of dining options including Bermuda’s only celebrity chef restaurant- Marcus’. Don’t miss Marina Nights on Fridays- it’s very popular with the locals and a great party!
· Rosedon: What the Rosedon lacks in beachfront property, it more than makes up for in unique amenities, incredible service, and an outstanding culinary program- which would be expected of this Relais and Chateaux property. Plan to enjoy the hotel’s convenient Hamilton location and spacious balconies before you board the complimentary shuttle bound for Elbow Beach or explore the island on one of the complimentary bicycles. I can’t recommend their Huckleberry Restaurant more!
· The Ritz Carlton Reserve at Caroline Bay (scheduled to open in 2020): What if you could stay in a private home within one of the most luxurious communities in Bermuda? The soon-to-open community and resort by The Ritz Carlton will offer just that and access to some of Bermuda’s most exquisite beaches, marinas, and diving locations.
· The St. Regis (scheduled to open in 2021): The St. Regis in lesser-developed St George will welcome travelers to what will be one of the most exclusive resorts in Bermuda. Offering guests prime access to pristine beaches and the links at the St. Regis Bermuda Golf Course, this resort is going to be a game-changer for the island in a few years and I am VERY excited to return and visit the finished product!
I completely fell in love with Bermuda and found it to be such a wonderful fit for couples, the little ones, multi-generational families, and groups of friends. You can easily spend a long weekend on the island, and a full week is even better! You are going to be hearing more and more about Bermuda over the next year (I was there when they announced their role as the Official Tourism Partner of the US Open Tennis Championship!) and I can not wait to help you experience this wonderful destination! Contact me soon for the latest promotions and for insight and ideas!